Urieeya's Diary #2

Hello, this next song I want to really introduce to you guys is "Lemon" sang by Kenshi Yonezu 米津 玄師.


credits:
https://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/k/kenshi_yonezu/lemon_english_translation.html


The English lyrics goes like this:
How good it would have been if this were all just a dream
Even now, I still dream of you
Like I’m going home to get something I’ve forgotten
I dust off my old, worn memories

The last thing you taught me
Is that there are types of happiness that don’t come back
The dark past I kept hidden and unsaid
Would have remained forever dark, if I hadn’t met you

I know there’s no possible way
I could ever be hurt any more than this

Even the sadness of those days, even the pain of those days
I loved every bit of it, with you by my side
In my heart, never coming out, is the bitter smell of lemon
I can’t go home until the rain lets up
And even now, you’re my light

In the darkness, I traced your back
I remember its outline vividly
Each time I encounter something I can’t fully accept
Nothing wells up but my tears

What were you doing? What were you looking at?
Your face turned to the side, expression unknown

If you’re somewhere now, just the way I am
Trapped in loneliness, suffering and crying
Somehow, please, just forget about me
I wish for it so strongly, with all my heart
That even now, you’re my light

Since then, when I think of you
—Someone I loved
More than I ever thought—
My breath stops
Even though you were by my side
It’s almost like a lie
But I’ll never forget it
That’s the only thing I know for sure

Even the sadness of those days, even the pain of those days
I loved every bit of it, with you by my side
In my heart, never coming out, is the bitter smell of lemon
I can’t go home until the rain lets up
Like one half of a split fruit
Even now, you’re my light


As for me, the song for me had a painful meaning. A very sad and painful meaning.
Every line of the song was very deep and very sad.
It showed how hard it is to let go or forget something or even someone who gave you so much to remember.

It gave a message of how much a person loved their past lover, the pain, the happiness and even the sadness of their past. That person still longs for it.
That person still remembers it, still wants it.

the main reason why I wanted you to know about this song at least its lyrics is because I feel it, I have felt the song. The feelings became stronger to remember because of the singers voice, tone and his passion of singing. 
The pain of still longing for someone.
The pain of the past for someone gone.
The pain of someone you want back.

It doesn't just actually mean you are in a romantic relationship, it can also mean wherein a relationship or even a love for someone you couldn't measure. 
A love for a person who gave you so much of everything.
A love for someone you couldn't possibly want to say goodbye to.
A love for someone who gave you so so much to remember

Lovers or not. 
Things or not.
Old or young

labels aren't the basis for love.
your heart is.

Note for the reader:
If you truly love someone, show it. Don't hide it.



Thank you so much for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moira Dela Torre- Before It Sinks In (Meaning)

Let The Unexpected Be Expected

Urieeya's Diary #1